Town Hall Seattle
Artifacts completed National Register and local landmark nominations for Town Hall Seattle, the stately former Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist.
Artifacts researched the history and construction of Town Hall Seattle, which began as the Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist. Constructed in two phases between 1916 and 1922, the striking terra cotta structure is an excellent example of ecclesiastical architecture as designed by Portland, Oregon-based architect George Foote Dunham. The building, located in the First Hill neighborhood, is remarkably intact, retaining its interior layout and many of its original finishes.
Town Hall Seattle now owns and operates the venue as a community and performing arts center, offering programs in music, humanities, civic discourse, and world culture in the form of concerts, lectures, meetings, and fundraising events.
- Town Hall Seattle National Register Nomination
Link to the National Register of Historic Places nomination, available through the Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation website
- Town Hall Seattle
For more information on Town Hall Seattle's programs and the organization's continued stewardship of their historic building, visit their website
« BACK TO MAIN PAGE
Share This Page
Town Hall Seattle, Exterior
View of the north corner of Town Hall
Town Hall Seattle, Interior
View of the meeting hall with its original pews and stained glass windows
Historic view of Town Hall
View of Town Hall looking up to the east from downtown